Traffic Safety Products
Safe Routes To School
Marine Safety Products
School Zone Flare
Fire Emergency Flare
- Safer than flares-no accidental burns, non flammable
- No smoke or hazardous fumes
- More economical than flares (see analysis)
- Very bright triple flash light can be mono or bi-directional
- 212 Flare-Lite folds for easy storage, adjusts for all types of
- 224 Flare-Lite can be held like a flashlight or dropped into a
traffic safety cone
"See the Difference"
Over 30 years of experience in the traffic safety
industry has gone into the design and manufacture of the Empco Flare-Lite.
The Flare-Lite is a non-pyrotechnic light that is highly visible, rugged,
safe, cost effective, and energy efficient.
The high intensity light output is from 12 LEDs (light emitting diodes) in
each direction. Unlike an incandescent bulb or xenon strobe tube, the
LED is a solid state device with a life of over 100,000 hours. There
are no fragile filaments to burn out or breakable glass tubes. The
LEDs are very energy efficient giving many hours of operation. The
standard 212 Flare-Lite uses two 6 volt spring terminal industrial batteries
while the 224 Flare-Lite uses four D-Cell batteries.
The 212 Flare-Lite is lightweight with a carrying handle for ease of use.
The legs of its barricade type structure fold for easy storage and adjust
for all types of terrain. The 224 Flare-Lite can be held like a
flashlight or dropped into a traffic safety cone.